Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 24 posts 114 karma points
    Jul 28, 2015 @ 13:17
    Paul

Database keeps reverting (or not saving). Help?

Hi, I have an infuriating problem with a new Umbraco 7 site I am building, I hope someone can provide some advice.

I created an entire site on friday, all was working well on my machine when suddenly at 17:30, everything I had added or changed through the CMS was gone from the content panel and everything was back as it was originally when I installed the software (the faroe starter kit).

I started over this morning, completing the website for a second time by 12:56. Again, everything has disappeared without warning and the CMS side of the site has reverted back to as it was at 9:37.

The audit trails in the content panel show no changes since 9:37 on any of the files. What is really bizarre this time is that some of the pages are still there if I search from my code. For example, I had a Home page with 4 children at 12:56, now the CMS shows the Home page with one child as it was at 9:37, but if I run:

foreach (var childPage in Umbraco.Content(1096).Children.Where("Visible"))
    {
        @childPage.Name
    }

I have the names of the 4 children returned, none of which are shown on the content panel.

Similarly, some of the content I added since 9:37 is still visible on the site, rendered correctly on the page and some of it is not. None of it is visible in the CMS panel.

After my disaster on friday, I have made about 20 backups of the /App_Data/Umbraco.sdf file today as I worked through. Now I look at these backups, they are all identical, with a modification time of 9:37.

The Log in /App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog shows the last published time at 12:56

2015-07-28 12:56:05,851 [57] INFO Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [P5060/T56/D7] Content 'Home' with Id '1096' has been published.

Can anyone give me some help here. I am not relishing starting over for a third time if it will fail again.

I am using Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 and Umbraco version 7.2.8 assembly: 1.0.5675.23466 installed into an empty project via nuget.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 28, 2015 @ 13:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Paul,

I am just thinking perhaps you are facing this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4621

Perhaps you should using a MSSQL server rather than the SQLCE database and see if you have the same issues with this.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 28, 2015 @ 13:32
    Nik

Hi Paul,

Have you tried exploring the database itself? If you can run that for each loop you should be able to extract the node ID's then check in the database to see if they exist there. Also check that they are showing in the cache xml file.

If they are in both, try going into the CMS and on the content node right at the top try doing both:

1) Reload nodes

2) Republish entire site.

When I've found behaviour like this, the 2 steps can resolve it.

• Paul 24 posts 114 karma points
    Jul 28, 2015 @ 14:23
    Paul

Thanks for your replies.

Nik, I have reloaded the nodes and republished and the site is now back in sync with the 9:37 version.

Dennis, I will switch to a MSSQL database and cross my fingers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft