Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Casper Andersen 126 posts 508 karma points
    Aug 01, 2015 @ 09:30
    Casper Andersen

Umbraco Tutorials

I know there Umbraco.tv exists, i'm even a paying member, and use it quite a lot, but i still feel there are missing tutorials for Umbraco 7. for stuff like wordpress and so on DOZENS of tutorials exist on youtube, but not really for Umbraco.

So i took it upon myself to create some.

I will reply to this post with the link to a playlist of my tutorials and will mark the thread as solved so people easily can find it, please do bear in mind i create these tutorials in my free time so its not perfect quality recordings.

Also if you have any suggestions, comments, be it good or bad please give them to me so i know what i can improve on

Aug 01, 2015 @ 09:31
    Casper Andersen

Here is the youtube link for a playlist of my tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5hKnDI0NIw&list=PLLYO0Qmbv5pvGjpI6Cyg3mVBoYtG_LK63

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 01, 2015 @ 14:11
    Anders Bjerner

I haven't seen any of the videos yet, but seems like a great initiative ;)

Aug 01, 2015 @ 14:48
    Casper Andersen

I personally, went to school and got an introduction to Umbraco, that was really really BAD. And i was determined to learn Umbraco and was suddenly with a job that dermanded i knew Umbraco, so i had a long and tough learning curve, and i dont wish for other people to have to go thorugh the same as me

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Aug 02, 2015 @ 20:55
    Niels Hartvig

Hi Casper.

Great initiative - kudos! Love how you do something about it!

What School was that where you got such a bad intro to Umbraco?

/n

Aug 02, 2015 @ 21:00
    Casper Andersen

The school in Roskilde called Roskilde Tekniske Skole, the teachers had no idea what they where doing and i thought it was a real shame, cause after a bit of time i could see the great contribution Umbraco could give to me as a web developer, but no one had tought them. To be honest we where still doing webform and when i wanted to learn Umbraco i had to learn MVC and how that all worked along with learning Umbraco. But thanks i'm happy to see people are enjoying it :)

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Aug 02, 2015 @ 21:14
    Nicholas Westby

I like this idea very much. In fact, I started with one video myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK8YM3JBgwM

I believe I created that with Camtasia 2 for Mac. It's nice because it gives you some nifty editing capabilities (e.g., speed up sections of the video, zoom in, add annotations, and so on).

I was able to get my installer video down to 2.5 minutes. I'm thinking that to make these videos useful to the greatest number of developers, they'll have to be relatively short.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft