Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jarek 3 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 23:37
    Jarek

Embed local media video in umbraco

I want to embed on my page video (.mp4) previously added to Umbraco media. I have added to grid.editors.config.js file following JSON:

{ "name": "Video_mp4", "alias": "videomp4", "view": "textstring", "icon": "icon-movie-alt", "config": { "style": "font-size: 18px;", "markup": "video controls>Your browser does not support the video tag.

In this solution I need to write relative file url in textbox and this is not exactly what I need. I would like to pick video from media picker (mp3, mp4, flv, swf, AAC)

Any suggestions as to how to achieve this?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 09:54
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jarek,

When you say in this solution I need to write relative file url in textbox and this is not exactly what I need. I would like to pick video from media picker (mp3, mp4, flv, swf, AAC)

Is this a situation where you donĀ“t use the Grid layout?

Looking forward to hear from you.

/Dennis

• Jarek 3 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 10:14
    Jarek

Hi Dennis,

I use Grid Layout. I added new control to Grid layout (in grid.editors.config.js file) based on textstring view. When I add this new control to content page (using '+') I only can write text which is wrapped by HTML 5 Video tag.

This works good but user friendly aspects can be improved. The best solution would be, when instead of writing realative path to local media, I could choose this media by dialog window.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft