Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 08:46
    Craig Cronin

What was wrong with hiding the passwords on install and change password?

Nothing really wrong but just a little moan really and not sure what others feel about passwords being readable?

Since version 7 when installing umbraco and entering your password its completely visible, I really don't like this feature ????.

I work in a small office with a couple of developers and always use a variation of a standard password (which I won't even tell my wife) that on a number of occasions have nearly entered with my colleagues looking.

I've also just been set-up with an account on a new site one of my colleagues is working on and gone to change my default password and the same thing has happened.

What this means is that I've either got to be quick and change it when I know they are not looking, or ask them to turn away or wait until the room is empty?

What was wrong with ** , I feel confident that I can type my password with my eyes closed and didn't experience any of the above problems?

• Lee Kelleher 4024 posts 15833 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 09:02
  • Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 09:12
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Craig,

Try to see this sessions from the Codegarden 2014. Here Niels and Per talked about the new design of the installer for Umbraco 7, and the choice of that you can see your password.

http://stream.umbraco.org/video/9961032/thinking-in-seven

If you donĀ“t want to see the full sessions then the talk about the new Umbraco install for Umbraco 7 start around min 22.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 09:45
    Craig Cronin

Hi Lee/Dennis,

I remember vaguely the talk but really find it annoying.

Due to it always being a small office and we're always installing umbraco for various small projects, I tend to keep having the same problem.

When I first heard about the change I tried to give it a try and think, am I finding this annoying because its new or am I just finding this annoying and I'm afraid its the latter.

Anyway all destressed password reset....Thanks!!!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft