Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bunnynut 136 posts 318 karma points
    Aug 07, 2015 @ 08:58
    Bunnynut

Frontend showing old content

Hello,

Im using Umbraco 7.2.6 and im experiencing some weird issues. The website is showing old pages that have been deleted some time ago. I have already cleared the umbraco.config file and republished the entire website and also cleared the browser cache but still the old articles keep showing up.

• Michael 125 posts 409 karma points
    Aug 07, 2015 @ 09:44
    Michael

Hi,

Can you search in umbraco.config your new content?

Thanks,

Aug 11, 2015 @ 07:15
    Bunnynut

I had already cleared the contents of the umbraco.config file and republished the entire website. That seemed like the only way to view any changes.

The problem is not just missing content in the umbraco.config but also any changes that i make in Razor views do not show up.

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Aug 11, 2015 @ 08:03
    James

What type of DB are you using?

• Alex 79 posts 416 karma points
    Aug 11, 2015 @ 08:11
    Alex

use sqlserver or SQLCE ..??

Aug 11, 2015 @ 08:12
    Bunnynut

Im using Sql server but i also have the issue with razor views. When i change the html in a partial view the changes are not shown in the browser.

• Alex 79 posts 416 karma points
    Aug 11, 2015 @ 08:19
    Alex

hii bunny

in partial view you inherit page from template or not if u also inherit from template then use in starting of page @inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage

Aug 11, 2015 @ 08:38
    Bunnynut

I change the Inherit at the top of the page but that only resulted in an error.

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Aug 11, 2015 @ 09:49
    James

Hello -

Double check that your document types are set to use the correct template.

Your using statement should be similar to: @inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage

You could try doing a republish entire site

Add this to your site URL to do a republish: /Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

You could try dropping CmsContentXml table (make sure your umbraco.config file exists and is up to date). Then hit the site again. The DB will be repopulated with the contents of the umbraco.config.

Hope some of this helps.

If its a fairly new site, it may also be worth checking the Umbraco log and seeing if there are any errors thta stand out.

Aug 12, 2015 @ 12:11
    Bunnynut

Hi James,

When I clear the umbraco.config file on the server and republish the entire site the usual way some published pages are still not shown or not completely. The funny thing is that I can see those missing items in the umbraco.config. That seems really weird to me.

I called the URL you posted above and that does seem to temporarily fix the issue. But what do you mean with "Add this to your Site URL"?

Sep 08, 2015 @ 14:17
    Bunnynut

Ok, I have finally found out what the problem was. I failed to mention that the website is running in Azure and 4 instances. Each instance has a different version of the umbraco.config and effectively sometimes and old version of it. I scaled the website down to 1 instance and the issue was solved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft