Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    Aug 07, 2015 @ 14:32
    denisedelbando

Umbraco 7.2 Macro alias doesnt allow period/dot in Alias name

when we moved from 6 to 7 we had macro aliases with a period/dot in them. so in 7 it gets rid of the period/dot.

is this normal behavior?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 10, 2015 @ 11:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi avatart0ph,

Yes this is normal behavior. I have just tried on a fresh Umbraco 7.2 installation, you can have dot in the name of macro.

But the alias of the macro will be pascal casing with the special charchters removed like dot.

/Dennis

• Lokesh kumar Chippada 44 posts 249 karma points
    Sep 04, 2015 @ 14:20
    Lokesh kumar Chippada

is there any way to add period symbol to alias name in version 7.2.8?

All my previous contour forms uses umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm alias

Please let me know

Thanks

• Lokesh kumar Chippada 44 posts 249 karma points
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 11:32
    Lokesh kumar Chippada

You can make old ones to work, by adding new record with alias name "umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm" in cmsMacro.

Old alias umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm will work and new alias umbracoContourRazorRenderForm can be used in RTE or templates

• Srdjan 19 posts 53 karma points
    Jul 25, 2017 @ 14:17
    Srdjan

Hi all,

we made an upgrade from umbraco 6 to 7.6.3. The thing is Umbraco does not allow macro alias names to start with undesrcore neither.

All previously added macros work but when I add new macro to RTE it is stored without underscore so at the frontend we are getting:

<Macro: (,)>

I tried to change macro alias manually through RTE markup by adding underscore and it worked.

I checked database and macroAlias still had underscore in the beginning. In the Macro edit screen alias was shown without underscore. I tried to change it by starting alias with the underscore and when I pressed Save button I thought I manage to set it back as underscore was present at the begging of the name. But when I refreshed the page alias was cleared of underscore and when I checked database once more macroAlisa column was changed to name without underscore. Now pages with all previously added macros stop working.

Could I do something without changing database directly and how to make both versions working? The preferred solution would be saving macro with alias that contains underscore so old functionality stay as it was but not sure is it possible without changing Umbraco source code?

Thanks,

Srdjan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft