Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 241 posts 432 karma points
    Aug 07, 2015 @ 16:45
    Carlos Mosqueda

Backoffice file permissions

I have had this issue before but I don't know if I ever found a solution to it or if I just forgot what it was.

We are using Umbraco 7.2.2.
    In our 'Scripts' (Javascript) folder, we have a few subfolders (myfolder/myscript.js).
    When I try to add a new JS file to a subfolder through the backoffice and try to save the file AFTER adding some Javascript I get a permissions message and can save

File not saved: file could not be saved. Please check file permissions

I go to other JS files in the subfolder and save them, and they save fine. It is just when I tried to make new files. I checked the permissions through IIS and Permissions on to the folder, and I don't really see any differences between the files that were already out there and the files I just made through the BackOffice.

We added some new DLLs by manually copying them over from our dev to test evironment.

I tried changing the version on in the ClientDependencies.config file, but this still did not seem to be the issue.

If I take all the Javascript code out of the file and try to save the empty file, the save works. The Javascript file I have is a little over 8000 lines un-minified. Is there a line limit to Javascript file sizes in Umbraco? Or is this IIS?

Any suggestions to what this could be?

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Aug 07, 2015 @ 17:33
    Steve Morgan

I've seen this with CSS files once they hit a certain size limit. I suspect it is a POST string length limit.

Try the char limit in the webconfig

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/36590-CssErrorHeader-and-CssErrorText-when-Saving-CSS#comment-168186

• Carlos Mosqueda 241 posts 432 karma points
    Aug 07, 2015 @ 17:51
    Carlos Mosqueda

That was exactly the issue. Very much appreciated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft