Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Spain 19 posts 86 karma points
    Aug 14, 2015 @ 12:51
    Matthew Spain

Restore site

Whislt attempting to create a members login page, I appear to have changed something and the content for my sites (pages etc) is no longer listed. I hav not delected it but its not longer there.

In the tree structure I just have the CONTENT banner and the Recycle bin....Is there anyway I can restore a previous version\time?

Rollback is no option as there is no content...

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 14, 2015 @ 16:09
    Mark Bowser

The first thing I would try is reindexing the Internal Indexer. To reindex that, go to the developer section and use the Examine Management dashboard. You could also delete the entire App_Data/TEMP directory and then recycle the app pool. Then I would use the browser's dev console to see if there are any JS errors on the backoffice. Then, I would check in the database in the umbracoNode table to make 100% sure that the nodes aren't deleted.

Are there any interesting errors in the App_Data/Logs/umbracoTraceLog.txt?

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 14, 2015 @ 16:10
    Mark Bowser

Also, I guess if that I would also check on your document types. I wonder if deleting all the document types would result in all of your content being deleted. It seems like it might.

• Matthew Spain 19 posts 86 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 08:02
    Matthew Spain

Hi Matt

Yes it appears that deleting the document types removes any noeds that have been assigned that type automatically as well as the template that the nodes are based upon. So I am having to start completely from scratch.

Do you have or do you know where I can download the standard Homepage and Text page templates that Umbraco cerated for the initial installation?

Thanks

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft