Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AmandaEly 123 posts 379 karma points
    Aug 15, 2015 @ 13:25
    AmandaEly

GetCropUrl not returning a crop

Hi,

I am using version 7.2.8 and attempting to reduce the size of a lot of images via crops. Following Jeavon's famous uHangout, I have assigned all images in the media folder to be imagecropper. I have chosen two crops. Currently I am attempting to use the correct crop for the site logo.

var home = Model.Content.AncestorOrSelf("Home"); var tryUrl = home.GetCropUrl("siteLogo", "Logo");

The url is "66456?mode=pad&rnd=130839465900000000", which does not point to anyting on my media folder and does not contain any crop information.

so I try var siteLogo = Umbraco.Media(home.GetPropertyValue

var url = siteLogo.GetCropUrl("umbracoFile", "Logo"); 

Which looks like the best option, just returns null.

I have checked the ImageProcessor version and fought with the config files, only to return them to the same state in the 7.2.8 download.

It flat out doesn't work.

• AmandaEly 123 posts 379 karma points
    Aug 15, 2015 @ 13:44
    AmandaEly

I wept over this for a whole day on Thursday. Nothing like user error, is there? My crop is called "Icon", not "Logo".

@{ var home = Model.Content.AncestorOrSelf("Home"); var siteLogoUrl = Umbraco.Media(home.GetPropertyValue

Works fine. A bit roundabout, since it won't go directly from the homepage property but that is ok.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft