Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• yogesh pathak 136 posts 221 karma points
    Aug 16, 2015 @ 10:50
    yogesh pathak

How to add more then one macro inside a Rich text editor

Hi All, I am Trying to add more than one macro in a Rich text editor which works fine and these two macros renders fine , but when i open up the rich text editor again it shows me the only the last macro i have added.

Any reason why?

Thanks

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Aug 16, 2015 @ 17:17
    Marc Goodson

Hey Yogesh

Which version of 7 are you using ?

There is this known issue here:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6687#tab=Comments

which could be causing your problem (or the fix for it in 7.2.8!)

or you might have found a new issue:

but yes, in Umbraco generally, you 'should' be able to add multiple Macros inside a Rich Text Editor.

Aug 17, 2015 @ 04:15
    yogesh pathak

Hi Marc, thanks for your response , yes this is exactly my problem and i am running Umbraco version 7.2.6 right now , and there is a notification asking me to update the umbraco should i go for it , will it fix my issue?

Thanks

Yogesh

Aug 17, 2015 @ 12:31
    yogesh pathak

Hi Marc, i have updated my umbraco installation to newest version , and its working now :) thanks for the help and response

One more question is i want to add more tag in my tiny Mce like "abbr" and acronym and for that i am follwing bellow link https://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-tinymce/how-to-add-extra-html-functionality-to-tinymce , after the configuration it shows these two options in the configuration of Tiny MCE but when i pick this editor in a property of doc type there is no option for abbr and acronym . any suggestions on that?

Yogesh

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 22:10
    Marc Goodson

Good that you have it working yogesh!

I have used the advice in that article before to customize tinyMCE, but not on the most recent versions.

You might find that restarting the application / recycling the app pool will help, if not, I'd suggest asking the problem as a new question in the form, so people may stumble across it who have resolved the issue before.

Aug 22, 2015 @ 04:37
    yogesh pathak

Ok Thanks :)

Yogesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft