Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joss 10 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 12:25
    Joss

Stylesheet - editor

Hi!

I created a css file and added some sub-elements to be used as format in the RTE. I created all this in Umbraco. This created a .css-file in the file-system, and I did a publish in Visual Studio. Same file was created on the remote server.

When I did a reload of the nodes, the file appeared, but none of the sub-elements.

If I tried to create new sub-elements here, it created a new "/* EDITOR PROPERTIES - PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS LINE TO AVOID DUPLICATE PROPERTIES */" line, and added the new elements below this. So now I had two sections with editor properties.

Am I doing this the wrong way? Is it possible to have control of this purely in Visual Studio, or is there som DB-stuff going on that means I have to add each css-file and property on the remote host?

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 18:34
    Mark Bowser

There is a database piece to the stylesheets and sub stylesheets. The tables are:

cmsStylesheet
    cmsStylesheetProperty

It is safe to just edit the regular css from within Visual Studio, but I'm pretty sure that the sub stylesheets need to be managed within umbraco.

I like to use uSync to deploy things like this that have a database piece from site to site. uSync writes out the database pieces to xml and then you can configure your destination site to read the changes from the xml and into the db.

• Joss 10 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 19, 2015 @ 09:59
    Joss

Ok, thank you. So conclusion is that you cannot just raw copy the css-files as long as there are properties (in use for the formatter in the rte).

I will check out tha uSync package.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft