Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luciox 22 posts 115 karma points
    Aug 20, 2015 @ 13:45
    Luciox

Umbraco 7.2.8 - TinyMCE RTE trimming out aside tags

Hi, I hope you can help me!

I'm performing an upgrade from Umbraco 7.1.8 to Umbraco 7.2.8. So far, it's been going well :-)

Some of our html (which may contain macros) is in reusable content snippets, set up as pages under a folder.

The text property for these pages are edited using the RichText editor. I've noticed that the aside tags have been trimmed out, for example:

<aside class="secondary-content"><h3>title</h3><ul><li>list item</li></ul></aside>

..was trimmed down to

<h3>title</h3><ul><li>list item</li></ul>

I re-added the aside tags manually to the HTML source code view and it disappeared again as soon as I closed the HTML pop-up.

Any ideas as these asides are used with our styling?

Many thanks, Luciox :-)

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 20, 2015 @ 16:19
    Mark Bowser

You should take a look at the config/tinyMceConfig.config file. At the bottom of that file, you can specify valid elements for your RTE. Elements not in here get stripped from the RTE. I'll bet you that when you upgraded and merged the new tinyMceConfig.config file into your old one, some custom changes that were added were trampled.

After making changes to this file, you might need to recycle the app pool before they take place.

Aug 20, 2015 @ 16:23
    Luciox

Thanks Mark for your suggestion - I'll have a comb through this code.

Aug 22, 2015 @ 13:55
    Luciox

Yep - that did the trick! Thanks for your help, Mark - I've marked as the solution.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft