Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• yogesh pathak 136 posts 221 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 10:00
    yogesh pathak

How to upgrade umbraco 7.2.6 to 7.2.8

Hi All, i have updated my umbraco nuget package to latest and after that on the first run on local i have upgraded this installation to latest version , but on the staging server how can i upgrade the installation? i have updated the build on the server but the Upgrade window didn't' appears , and now the staging setup of umbraco show me lot of errors in the console , sometimes it doesn't saves the Page (by clicking on save and publish) and many other weird behaviors i can see .. how can i can solve this issue?

Any suggestions?

Yogesh

• Jochen Schoubben 25 posts 119 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 12:36
    Jochen Schoubben

Hello Yogesh,

I think the problem is that you upgraded your environment on your local machine which makes modifications to the database.

When you copy over the upgrade package, your config file will contain a flag so that umbraco knows it has to show the upgrade screen and so it will allow you to upgrade umbraco. After the upgrade, the flag is removed so you won't see the upgrade screen anymore.

Now, to solve your problem. First, try to go back to situation before you build your upgraded solution to your test environment. (if that's not possible, I can't tell if it will work or not, but you should just take a backup and continue with the following step anyway)

Now just copy paste the files inside the upgrade package from umbraco onto your test-environment and normally, umbraco will show you the upgrade page.

Please let me know if that worked or not.

In the future, first get your upgrade package from nuget. Then, build it to your test environment BEFORE you do the upgrade locally.

Kind regards,

Jochen

• yogesh pathak 136 posts 221 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 12:51
    yogesh pathak

Hi Jochen, Thanks for your response , i have the backup for my build , i will try your solution :)

Yogesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft