Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dron 13 posts 33 karma points
    Aug 23, 2015 @ 05:24
    Dron

How can I use image folder in Umbraco?

Hello!

I'm currently transferring one php website to Umbraco. This is my firs experience using this CMS, so may be my question seems to be silly, but anyway:

There was "image" folder for the website template images at the previous version. Now I need to upload all images to this folder to make template work. But I can only upload Media content that changes images locations.

Can you tell, please, how can I upload image folder using admin area of Umbraco CMS?

Thank you!

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Aug 23, 2015 @ 05:30
    jivan thapa

If a content editor needs to update image, than you can use Umbraco media section. Which will upload to /media/ folder.

Otherwise you can use ftp. and upload the folder "image".

Aug 23, 2015 @ 05:34
    Dron

I need this folder to be named exactly "images" to store template content. Actually I can use FTP or store it at my server localy, but in case I'm a user that have no FTP access - is there a way to upload files/folders via Umbraco control panel?

Thank you.

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Aug 23, 2015 @ 05:44
    jivan thapa

As far as I know, it will not be possible using Umbraco back office unless you extend it.

Aug 23, 2015 @ 05:50
    Dron

Are there any extensions that can be installed or this functionality has to be added manually?

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 23, 2015 @ 07:53
    Robert Foster

Hi Dronome,

If they are images that are meant to be added by Editors, then you would upload them via the Media Section. Otherwise you can consider them to be part of the template and should upload them using whatever method you are publishing the site with - FTP or using Web Deploy or whatever other method you are using.

In this scenario, where the /images folder contains images that are to be used for the site templates, (or wherever you need to put template images) the best way to do this (and is actually considered fairly standard) is to just FTP the folder up to the website along with the rest of the Umbraco files.

Aug 23, 2015 @ 08:02
    Dron

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft