Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rae Melton 10 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 24, 2015 @ 23:42
    Rae Melton

Bringing UserControl Macros from Umbraco v4 to Umbraco v7

We currently have an Umbraco v4 site with 20+ .NET UserControl macros for forms built in Visual Studio and then integrated into our site. I'm currently making a revamped version of the site in Umbraco v7. I've been doing a lot of research into integrating custom coded applications into Umbraco v7, but I'm at somewhat of a standstill.

Using the Control Form example from the umbraco.tv SurfaceController videos (with the PartialView, Model, and SurfaceController all added to the Umbraco intallation project), is it possible to setup this functionality with the Model and SurfaceControllers in a separate project?

We're really looking for a way to build custom applications that can sit inside our Umbraco templates without having to recompile the site every time we need to make a change.

Can we do this with external Models and SurfaceControllers (or some other type of Controller)? Is there another method? Or are we going to need to convert all of our WebForms into HTML/JavaScript and submit via AJAX to separate web services?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft