Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Groome 261 posts 804 karma points
    Aug 31, 2015 @ 10:09
    Tony Groome

Is my Umbraco data encrypted in SQL Server?

Hi All

I have just migrated my CE database to SQL Express. I have a form and the form data is stored somewhere, I can't find where. The bits I find are all stored under node numbers, I can't follow how. It's hardly encrypted?

I want to export the tables and use this data, which is a form for a helpdesk and we want to be able to tick off the tasks completed in another database and save some for our knowledge base.

Any ideas? Thanks. Tony

Aug 31, 2015 @ 13:08
    Tony Groome

In an effort to get the form data out, I set up a new workflow to 'Save as File'. I tried to save as mdf, but couldn't open the file. I then saved as csv and the file that opened had nothing to do with my form. I don' t know what it was. I then tried to save as file send xslt transformed email. This was nonsensical too.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. Tony

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 01, 2015 @ 11:37
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tony,

It sounds to me that you are using Umbraco Forms. If you do then when you are looking into the database you see some tables that has the prefix UF.

To see the values that people are enters into your forms you need to find the table called UFRecords.

In this table you will see a column called RecordData, and if you are do the size of this column long enough then you should see the right values.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Sep 01, 2015 @ 13:22
    Tony Groome

Hi Dennis

You got it! That was it. I never copped that the column was only showing a bit of the data. I think the bit it's showing is code for Name, Email and so on - the names of the fields in the form. The data the form filler puts on the form is what I was after and it was there all along!

Thanks. Tony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft