Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Babaki 22 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 02:59
    Nick Babaki

Database model and Umbraco implementation

Hi there, I have designed a database model, and I want to develop my application using Umbraco, my question is when I start to create my database tables, when I should use a document type and when create directly a SQL Server table. Is there any guideline for this kind of development? and after creating database how should write my stored procedures when some tables are document type and others SQL tables? Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 08:23
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Mehrdad,

What kind of site do you want to create ? How many pages? Why did you decide to use stored procedures ?

Thanks, Alex

• Nick Babaki 22 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 11:52
    Nick Babaki

Hi Alex, I am quite new with Umbraco, If I develop my website just using MVC it was quite straightforward, but now I know I should use document type. But I am not sure if I should use for all my tables a document type or some thing between. My project has some product, and categories: a product is assigned to more than one category. each product has multiple price so I should have a price table. My prices is updated by another software which read a file and update, so I think at least I need stored Procedure for price update. I also have another table for price history. I really appreciate if you give me some clue that how I should implement using Umbraco. Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft