Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Lee 38 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 08:43
    Thomas Lee

Lucene Examine Chinese Website

Hi @dawoe21 & @Yan Xuekai @ismailmayat and fellow Umbraco Users,

I am using Umbraco 7.2.8, building a chinese website. I am currently trying to implement a search function for the website using Lucene - examine.

I saw this post on how to go about using examine on a Chinese site here and was hoping that someone can share some guidance on how do I go about:

A) Downloading the Apache CN analyzer here - i tried downloading it with tortise SVN and this is my outcome. enter image description here

B) Compiling the 3 classes into a .dll as according to the reference "building the Lucene.Net.Analysis.Cn and copying the dll to the bin folder"

Due to my lack of knowledge, I am pretty much stuck here at the moment. Am sincerely hoping for some kind soul to guide me through.

PS: Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Ralee

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 09:16
    Ismail Mayat

Thomas,

In the ExamineSettings.config file you need to update it to use the analyser so line

<add name="ExternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"/>

update to

<add name="ExternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="inputclasspathhere,Lucene.Net.Analysis.Cn"/>

Replace inputlcasspathhere with pull path to analyzer found in lucene.net.analysis.cn

Then rebuild.

Regards

Ismail

Sep 07, 2015 @ 09:37
    Thomas Lee

@ismailmayat

Thanks for the reply!

I am sorry if i wasn't clear with the problem I was facing. This is rather embarrassing, but I am currently stuck with B) generating the 'inputclasspathhere'. I have no idea how to generate the .dll from the 3 downloaded classes. Can you guide me on how I can go about doing that?

Before i can make amendments to the ExamineSettings.config file.

Cheers Ralee

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 08, 2015 @ 13:09
    Ismail Mayat

Thomas,

You need visual studio create a class library add the classes that you downloaded then build and that will give you the dll output.

Regards

Ismail

Sep 09, 2015 @ 05:18
    Thomas Lee

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft