Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthieu Nelmes 102 posts 385 karma points
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 10:16
    Matthieu Nelmes

Listview performance in V7.2.1

I've seen a few threads and even a few PR's relating to the performance of the Listview of doctypes within Umbraco.

I currently have a site running V7.2.1 with 300 items and it's taking roughly 5-6 seconds to load the list.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/448 According to this PR, the performance issues were addressed.

So I guess my real question is - Is this the best I'm going to get?

I need to take this into consideration as I'm due to build a site with potentially 1000+ doctypes that I would like to use in a Listview and I know a 20-30 second load time is not going to be acceptable.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 11:51
    Dan Diplo

I've a 7.2.8 site that has over 3000 items in a list view and it loads virtually instantly, so I believe this has been fixed. Can't you just upgrade? Normally a minor upgrade of Umbraco (from 7.2.x to latest) isn't very arduous.

Sep 07, 2015 @ 12:22
    Matthieu Nelmes

With my new build I'll probably hold out for V7.3

I was just concerned that this was the best it was going to get.

I'll run some more tests. Is yours "out-of-the-box" or did you have to make any tweaks?

I stumbled across a post that mentioned adding database indexes?

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 19:33
    Dan Diplo

Mine's completely out-of-the-box. I believe now Umbraco does paging at the database level, which is usually really fast, since it only needs to return the entries for the pagesize you are viewing.

Sep 08, 2015 @ 10:10
    Matthieu Nelmes

I'm starting to suspect the bottleneck may be down to my database connection. I'll investigate and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft