Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Stigsson 47 posts 158 karma points
    Sep 11, 2015 @ 07:55
    Robert Stigsson

How to know root node through SQL

Hi!

Asked a similiar question recently but realised it was very bad formulated and a bit too complex.

How do I know which node is the root node, if the only thing I'm allowed to view is the SQL-database?

Is there anyway to change Root node programatically without SQL?

/Robert

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 11, 2015 @ 08:13
    Ismail Mayat

Robert,

Can you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do? Will help in giving an answer.

Regards

Ismail

Sep 11, 2015 @ 08:17
    Robert Stigsson

Sure, just didn't want to make the topic too specific, making people scared to answer.

Lets say localhost:xxxx/ points to nodeId 5000. I want to change so localhost:xxxx/ points to nodeId 6000 a while. I want this to happen with the push of a button from a content manager. I'm already done with the buttons who communicate with an API and such things, but I don't know what fields in the database I should change (and then change back).

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 11, 2015 @ 08:28
    Ismail Mayat

Robert,

Is this a multilingual site or multi site in one instance and you want to at click of a button be able to move host name from one site to another?

Regards

Ismail

Sep 11, 2015 @ 08:39
    Robert Stigsson

I'm not a 100% sure what you're asking, but yes, it's multilingual..

It looks like this:

• Home - Language 1
    • Home - Language 2
    • Nothing interesting
    • More of nothings
    • Emergency Home - Language 1
    • Emergency Home - Language 2

Now, if I go to localhost, it'll automatically go to Home - Language 1. localhost/lang2 goes to Home - Language 2. Now I want to change so that localhost points to Emergency Home - Language 1 instead.

If I just unpublish Home - Language 1 and 2, it will take "Nothing interesting" as my home node. If I change the tree structure, and put Emergency Home higher up, unpublishing will make that my localhost/, but if a Content Manager would update the tree structure (dont want Emergency Home as close to the normal Home) it will make it fail.

Hope you understand my problem better now! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft