Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Ruel 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 21, 2015 @ 21:12
    Jason Ruel

Unauthorized Access to URL PostSave

Hey,

I have a user type with create permission but upon hitting Save and Send for approval it gives the error:

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave

I've found http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6973 but haven't found any confirmation that this is the same or a related issue.

Currently using version 7.2.8.

Thanks

Jason

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Mar 24, 2020 @ 15:13
    Kieron McIntyre

I've been having this problem for quite a while now with a range of 7.x installs including the latest release 7.15.x, and today solved my issue at least.

The site I was maintaining was sat behind Cloudflare and CF's Web Application Firewall (WAF) was active. This was blocking (amongst other things) any requests that contain suspcious markup, including script tags.

Many of the pages in the CMS had script tags added via RTEs and textareas, e.g. for forms, tracking etc.

I added a rule to CF which bypassed the WAF for any internal umbraco CMS URL and this stopped all the errors.

I hope this helps someone!

• Charles 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 25, 2020 @ 10:43
    Charles

Hi

Could you please provide what rules you added? Does this cover the publishing and unpublishing error?

Thanks.

• Hasan Habib 8 posts 88 karma points
    Jul 31, 2023 @ 02:47
    Hasan Habib

Hi Kieron, Could you please share the rule you use with WAF? I am having below error messages. I am using Umbraco 8.

enter image description here

• Brian 10 posts 60 karma points
    Mar 24, 2020 @ 15:25
    Brian

I had the same error and like Kieron, there was a firewall that was blocking some requests but not all.

For instance, some images would upload but some wouldn't. Also, any node with richtext editor that contained a style attribute would throw the error.

I verified this by watching the IIS logs when trying to upload an image that I knew would fail. I never saw the request hit the website via the logs but I would see the request for images I knew would work.

• JMC 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 05, 2024 @ 20:35
    JMC

I had the same error, but i'm using a NotificationHandler, and all work as expected, please see my question here (https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/113368-inotificationasynchandler-and-backgroundtaskqueue) maybe someone have any idea on it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft