Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Crossland 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 25, 2015 @ 09:51
    Ben Crossland

Unable to change homepage banner size

Hi Guys!

I'm sure there is a simple fix, but haven't found it yet (ignore my stupidity).

I am trying to change the image size for my homepage banner - needs to be a lot smaller.

I have created a new image size under the developer section - data types - create - property editor (image cropper) etc...

I then went to settings - homepage banners - generic properties - and uploaded my new banner size dimensions.

Then to content - web configurations - homepage banners - and uploaded my new banner.

However - this has not changed the banner size, just stretched my new image to the previous dimension size.

There must be something I missed? maybe not added the necessary code or something? I would really appreciate someone's help here!

Thanks again.

Ben

• Deepak 16 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 25, 2015 @ 10:43
    Deepak

Hello Ban

Please see below URL to crop the image and make this image to responsive: http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2014/5/30/developing-a-website-with-responsive-images-using-the-umbraco-v714-image-cropper

var banner = Model.BannerImage;
     <section class="banner" style="background-image:url(@banner.GetCropUrl(1280, 360, ratioMode: ImageCropRatioMode.Height, furtherOptions: "&slimmage=true"))">
                </section>

Thanks Deepak

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 25, 2015 @ 11:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ben,

Also try to see this documentation abou the Image Cropper

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/image-cropper

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft