Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ethan 12 posts 82 karma points
    Sep 29, 2015 @ 17:30
    Ethan

Can't find the code for the form on home page

Hi,

I have recently taken over development for http://www.neshealth.com/ and am having a hard time finding the place where the code for the form on the right side lives.

I've looked in every folder, clicked every link and have come across many forms - but they are all older versions.

Is there a way to look at the code and maybe follow it back to trace it back to the original folder or file that contains the form code?

Or is there another way to find this? It looks like it's on a side bar. I found the home page content, but no forms.

I would appreciate any help you can share. Thank you!

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 445 posts 1787 karma points
    Sep 29, 2015 @ 18:28
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Ethan,

In your Content tree when you login to the Umbraco CMS, click on the Homepage node.

Go to the properties tab and you will see the Template that is used to render this page.

Then go to the 'Settings' section of Umbraco and find the associated template.

In this template you will see the HTML code that makes up your homepage and should be able to see where the form is added to the page and where it comes from

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Marc

Sep 29, 2015 @ 19:02
    Ethan

Hi thank you that helped me navigate, unfortunately the content in the template is not the content that shows published on the page. It's older content. I don't understand how that is possible. So I don't know where else to look. Any thoughts? Thanks!

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 445 posts 1787 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 09:26
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Ethan,

The form on that page is submitting to a 3rd party:

https://nd960.infusionsoft.com/app/form/process/5c4785346056ba24436b9b87dcb0397a

If you view the page source you will see the form.

Also how do you know the template is old content?

Cheers,

Marc

Sep 30, 2015 @ 16:25
    Ethan

Yes you are correct - the form is submitting through InfusionSoft but the form code on the page is not a valid form and I need to replace it with new code.

When I opened all of the available forms in Umbraco, the third option of the radio buttons said "General Interest" - this is really old.

On the website, it displays "Interested in Getting Help With My Health" - nowhere in any code have I found a form that displays this text.

So all the code I am accessing inside Umbraco is not what is published to the home page.

Additionally, all the forms in Infusionsoft are the same way - I've deleted the third option all together on all forms and it did not affect the home page. So that tells me the code exists inside Umbraco somewhere I am just not seeing.

Assuming I want to just replace the form, I still have no idea where to find the code for the content in Umbraco - let's say for example's sake, I wanted to replace the existing form with a picture of a kitten - I can't find the area to edit to even delete and re-create the code. Does that make sense?

• Nik 1608 posts 7234 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 16:59
    Nik

Ethan,

Without looking through your umbraco back end its actually very difficult to help you.

From a logical perspective if it was me who built the templates the form would be in a partial view somewhere, possibly in a macro partial view. And the homepage template would call the appropriate rendering method.

Sep 30, 2015 @ 17:37
    Ethan

Hmm. So I'm attempting to understand the structure.. please correct me if I am wrong...

So the person who created the template called it "Home Page" Then the page with the same title was also created ("Home Page")

When they created the template, did they custom code a side bar? Because when I open the home page - it only has content from the left larger portion of the page.

I don't understand how the content is split up? If I could understand that, I could probably locate the right sidebar content.

Just as an example, In WordPress, the sidebar is usually a "widget" and to edit one would go to the widgets, find the content and edit.

In a pure HTML/CSS page, it would be hard coded into the source, and that is where it would be edited.

With Umbraco, there seems to be something that separates my form as a kind of sidebar... where do sidebars get created?

Thanks for helping with all of this!

Oct 05, 2015 @ 22:46
    Ethan

I finally figured it out. The form itself was another template being coded into the pages. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft