Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 06:56
    Sören Deger

Change SortOrder of Documenttype compositions?

Hi all,

is there any way to change the sort order of documenttype compositions?

In my case I have 3 document types with different properties. I will use this 3 document types as compositions in one another document type. Can I choose which documenttype composition I will see at first, second and third?

Cheers, Sören

• Rasmus Lynggaard 118 posts 325 karma points
    Jan 20, 2016 @ 07:46
    Rasmus Lynggaard

Did you find a solution to this?

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jan 20, 2016 @ 08:07
    Sören Deger

Hi Rasmus,

I have only found a workaround for this: Every Document Type has his own tab and this tab has an own sort order. If you use document type compositions the sort order of the tabs is used. But this is not very good. I have not found a solution to change the sort order of properties from different document types in the same tab.

Cheers, Sören

• Dick Gennissen 5 posts 25 karma points
    Sep 13, 2017 @ 10:56
    Dick Gennissen

Sören is right. Looking at the database, the sortorder of the composition tabs is used and then it is looking at the sortorder column on the properties itself.

In my case the tabs have sortorder 0 and the properties within also have sortorder 0. In this case it looks like Umbraco is stacking then on order of contenttypeNodeId, which means it is not changable in Umbraco itself.

You could change the sortorder in the database manually, but it is not a very stable way of doing this.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Sep 16, 2017 @ 11:10
    Marc Goodson

There is an issue on the issue tracker that talks about some workarounds to this here:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6738

and also you'll see a new pull request at the bottom that exposes the underlying ids to allow you to fudge the order between compositions with properties sharing the same tab.

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft