Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Victor D 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 07:25
    Victor D

How can let the front end user create content?

Hi, I am new to Umbraco, so , bear with me if I am asking a simple question. I have created a document type, called "Project". I would like to let the front end user create edit and delete their own Project? How can I achieve this??

• Ryan 34 posts 138 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 10:21
    Ryan

Although it will require some coding on your part it should be fairly straight forward.

To start with you will need to create a user interface that has various inputs that map to the document type properties. Hook up a SurfaceController to your form and then use the ContentService to create the content and then subsequently the new project.

Your Project document type could have a property 'userId' - when the user requests a 'project' page you return the project matching the logged in user's id.

I hope that helps, if your unsure about anything just give me a shout.

• Victor D 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 12:55
    Victor D

Thanks for the reply Ryan. It is quite clear that I have to get into the codes now.

I have another question about implementing the CRUD UI.

I would like to have all the "Projects" which I created, in a list or a grid. This grid contains a create link. Each of the row has a edit, delete link as well.

It is a simple CRUD UI. Can you suggest a way to implement it?? is there any package or plugin for this requirement? (like the "View" in drupal)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft