Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gert 81 posts 288 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 08:28
    Gert

Why does image cropping not work on production using the mode=crop query string parameter

Hi,

On my development machine images get's cropped perfectly in my Umbraco 7.2.8 installation. So when I request the following URL:

http://localhost:19484/media/1008/029.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=150&height=150&rnd=130880998760000000

I get a nicely cropped image. enter image description here

When I do the same on my production website (which is a complete new copy of the website on my development machine), the image doesn't get cropped.

So this url:

http://www.zetwonen.be/media/1008/029.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=150&height=150&rnd=130880998760000000

gives me the following result:

enter image description here

Does anybody have a clue why the image isn't cropped on the prodcution server. I changed the number of the rnd parameter to make sure the image isn't cached.

Thanks! Gert.

• Wing 17 posts 39 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 08:45
    Wing

I most certainly replied to a similar topic yesterday. Somehow i can't find my post nor the thread. Image processor, the engine used to crop images, will save the cropped image somewhere in App_Data. Maybe you didn't deployed that folder, hence the cropped image isn't show. You could try resaving the media item to ensure cropped image are created.

Oct 01, 2015 @ 08:56
    Gert

Wing, I already did that and it didn't solve the problem.

But I don't realy understand if this could be the problem. When I change the widht and height value of the query string parameters in the image url, the cropping is applied with these new width and height on my development machine without any problem, without the need of resaving the media item. But on the production website, no cropping is applied at all.

Regards, Gert.

Oct 01, 2015 @ 10:02
    Gert

I found the solution, the ImageProcessor module wasn't served because the shared hosting environment was not running in Integrated Pipeline. After changing the cropping worked perfectly fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft