Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke Phelan 14 posts 85 karma points c-trib
    Oct 05, 2015 @ 01:10
    Luke Phelan

Image disappears after upload.

Hi,

I built a site for a client a few months ago and have had no major issues. However, just recently, when trying to upload 3 specific images, they are running into issues. Specifically when dragging and dropping to the appropriate folder, the images disappear without any error.

I've tried one at a time, into a different folder and resizing them and re-uploading but the same thing happens. I also tried to upload via the create -> image menu which returns the following error:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined
    at Function._.each._.forEach (/umbraco/lib/underscore/underscore.js:77)
    at notificationsService.postSaveContent.args.postMultiPartRequest.dialogService.ysodDialog.errorMsg (/umbraco/js/umbraco.services.js:6495)
    at /umbraco/js/umbraco.services.js:6582
    at /umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js:100
    at j.promise.then.i (/umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js:79)
    at /umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js:80
    at Object.a.$get.e.$eval (/umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js:92)

The wierd thing is, it is only these images that I am having issues with and only on the production site. These images work perfectly fine in my local instance and any other image uploads without fail on the production site.

Has anyone run into this issue before and can shed some light on a possible solution?

Cheers!

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Oct 05, 2015 @ 14:37
    David Peck

I've had problems with progressive JPEGs before. Perhaps try opening and exporting them in Photoshop just to re-encode them and see if that helps. Also I assume the file names don't have odd characters in them (e.g. N dash instead of hyphen)?

Oct 11, 2015 @ 22:36
    Luke Phelan

Yep there were no incorrect characters in the title. It is weird, because a day later I was able to upload those same images.

However, now the client is experiencing the issue again. No matter what file is uploaded, it flashes for a second in its destination folder and then disappears.

Oct 12, 2015 @ 04:42
    Luke Phelan

Doesn't appear to be an Umbraco issue. I had the client look at their server storage (they manage the server) and they freed up some space.

Uploads are now working again.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Oct 12, 2015 @ 08:08
    David Peck

:-) A classic case of not seeing the wood for the trees. That didn't even occur to me. Glad you got to the bottom of it.

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Sep 12, 2016 @ 11:50
    Simon

I am experiencing the same error, online, when trying to upload a new image or choosing an image for a cover photo (Image cropper).

Any idea please?

Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft