Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Oct 05, 2015 @ 19:59
    Carlos Mosqueda

Umbraco 7: Getting Image path tooltip or alt/Title text on Media Picker item

In Umbraco 4.11 (I know a throw back), when you hovered over the media item you had chosen on the Media Picker you got a tooltip or alt text indicator telling the author what the image path was or what the image name was.
    Is there a way to do this in Umbraco 7? I have had some questions and requests from my content authors to see if I could add this, I don't know if I can or how. But would be great to have this in the BackOffice.

Any ideas on what I could do until then? How I can edit the Umbraco code to allow the users to see the path or the file name at least?

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Oct 05, 2015 @ 20:48
    Carlos Mosqueda

I found out how to get the name to show up. But of course all of this work will be overwritten on an Umbraco upgrade.

In the umbraco > Views > propertyeditors > mediapicker > mediapicker.html

I added

<span><small>{{image.name}}</small></span> 

just under the img tag.

I also updated the list item's height and width to fit the new tag

<li style="width: 140px; height: 155px; overflow: visible;" ng-repeat="image in images">

The path to the original image in the Media section folder system would be helpful to add to the img tag. Not the numeric number, but if it is in a folder visually in the Media section, it would be great to have it look something like 'media > myFolder > myimage.jpg'

• Antoine Bergeron 18 posts 107 karma points
    Feb 27, 2016 @ 02:58
    Antoine Bergeron

I got the exact same request from my content editor. Thanks a lot for your solution! Even if I need to add it after each update, it's still better than not having it at all. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft