Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damon 217 posts 288 karma points
    Oct 12, 2015 @ 14:29
    Damon

Need more table editing functionality within Rich Text Field

Hi,

I am building a site using Umbraco V7. In the rich text fields where users add their tables, I need more editing functionality so that they can edit the widths of columns, and push images to the tops of cells and stuff like that. The standard rich text field table does not appear to let you do this. What are the options here?

Also regarding the Grid layout. Is this supposed to be added to a rich text field or is it used in some other way?

Also, I tried installing https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/table-editor/. But, I did not get it to appear. Is it supposed to appear as an icon in the rich text field editor?

Thanks a lot!

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 12, 2015 @ 14:54
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Damon,

If you have installed this package https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/table-editor/, then it will not become a icon in the rich text editor.

What you need to do is to go to the developer section, into the data types, and see if the data type is created, if not try create a new data type give it a name, and choose the table editor as the property editor.

After this you will need to add this data type to your document types as a property where your user needs to be able to work with tables.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Damon 217 posts 288 karma points
    Oct 14, 2015 @ 12:20
    Damon

Hi Dennis,

that's very helpful, thanks.

But one other thing, it is possible to be able to add the table to a rich text field, so the editors have more flexibility when they want to mix content and tables?

Thanks a lot

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft