Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mindaugas 6 posts 26 karma points
    Oct 21, 2015 @ 08:21
    Mindaugas

custom datatype

Hello,

I have a site with different lectures and would like to add levels to them. Basically mentor that has access to Umbraco creates its lectures and publish them, I need some data type where I could set value 1 to 5 and descriptions to each that describe level(because without descriptions everyone evaluate their lecture as they feel it is). Was thinking about RadioBox list where you can select one from five radioboxes and next to them there would be value/label 1 to 5(that I would use on front-end as a value to make "star" system, similar to ratings) and of course description.

Like each property in document type can have name and description, I need the same with radioboxes that have name/label/value and description for each.

Hope explanation is not to much confusing. Maybe my idea is wrong and there is much better way to solve this using different datatype - let me know. Thanks for any suggestions!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2015 @ 21:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Mindaugas,

Do you need some complex datatype? Did you look at https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/archetype/??

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft