Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• yogesh pathak 136 posts 221 karma points
    Oct 26, 2015 @ 13:07
    yogesh pathak

Can not upgrade umbraco 7.2.5 to newer versions

Hi All, I have started my website project with Umbraco 7.2.5 and around one month ago i have done an upgrade on my installation for 7.2.8 and that was successful . it fixed the know issues for version 7.2.5 (promised for 7.2.8 release) as i have upgraded to 7.2.8 . but still in the info and web.config file it show umbraco version is 7.2.5 . what might be the issue?

Ygesh

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 27, 2015 @ 08:30
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Are you using NuGet? And if yes, did you follow the NuGet upgrade guide? https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general

In this case you can use Upgrade-Pacakge UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.8 instead if upgrading to the very latest (7.3.0).

Oct 27, 2015 @ 08:50
    yogesh pathak

HI Sebastiaan, I Have used nuget for updates , and yes i followed the instructions . at the end the message was Umbraco upgrade was successful. but still no luck ,now i want try the Upgrade again as 7.3 has been launched but my dependency on the Url tracker plugin because the creator of that package tweeted 7.3 umbraco has some breaking changes so this plugin may crash with 7.3 Umbraco. i am stuck

Yogesh

Oct 27, 2015 @ 09:16
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yes, don't use 7.3.0, he'll fix it but he's gone on holiday. So, make sure you use:

Upgrade-Pacakge UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.8

When it's done, build and run the project. The upgrade installer will kick in and do everything it needs to do to get you up to 7.2.8 and then you're done. Don't do anything else. Don't copy in files from the main zip download, don't do any config merges, that will all happen automatically for you.

Oct 27, 2015 @ 09:28
    yogesh pathak

ok thanks , i will do that. but i have a situation- i have four environments - Development machine , testing environment , beta and production so how should i move ahead with this? what should be the workflow to update Umbraco in all these four environments?

Yogesh

Oct 27, 2015 @ 09:30
    Sebastiaan Janssen

In Git/Mercurial/Your version control system of choice you can see which files have changed, you'll need to deploy those files to all environments and run the upgrade installer on each of them as well.

Oct 30, 2015 @ 04:37
    yogesh pathak

when i tried Update-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.8- it says No updates available for 'UmbracoCms' in project 'MyWesiteProject'., which means my installation is already 7.2.8. any suggestions on this?

Yogesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft