Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damon 217 posts 288 karma points
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 14:16
    Damon

Is it possible to add a rich text field to a macro that you can insert into a rich text field

Hi,

we want to be able to have a rich text area in a macro and then allow that macro to be added to a rich text field itself. Hope that makes sense.

I only saw option in the macro parameters for textarea and this does not seem to like html either. Is there another way?

Thanks a lot!

• Mark 91 posts -18 karma points
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 15:22
    Mark

Sounds odd, what are you trying to do.

I am guessing that one RTE is responsible for the layout and the RTE in the macro is to place content in the first RTE?

You thought about using grids instead?

Many Thanks Mark

• Damon 217 posts 288 karma points
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 15:25
    Damon

The macro is for a question and answer section that the users adds, and it uses some javascript.

In the answer they would prefer to add more than just text, like some formatted text and links.

This could be done via a template, but they want the flexibility to add this between other content, hence the reason it needs to be added to a rich text editor,

Hope that makes sense!

I have not tried those Grids you mentioned but will look into them, not sure if they are flexible enough, as editors want to add content on the fly, they may not want a predefined layout,

THanks,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft