Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rody 80 posts 280 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 08:49
    Rody

Umbraco 7 on Azure Web apps very slow on first build

We have a simple Umbraco 7.3.0 install running Umbraco and uCommerce running in Umbraco Web Apps with a SQL Azure back-end.

This works flawlessly. Only on the first request (or after an app pool recycle) the site is extremely slow with first response. I know this is a normal behavior on ASP.Net websites, but on this Azure environment it takes extremely long.

On my local machine this takes around 30 seconds, on Azure Web Apps this takes around 8 minutes to complete.

I've tried updating the Azure WebApp AppService to S3 (4 cpu's, 7GB RAM) and the database to the highest level to test if this improved anything, but unfortunately it still had the same result.

The Umbraco log files don't say anything special at the time of a restart.

Is there anybody else experiencing this issue or is there some finetuning I can do?

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 13:52
    Lars-Erik Aabech

Do you by any chance have very many files there? It might be ServiceStack that iterates your entire directory structure on (pre) start, which takes forever on Azure.

There's a few detailed tricks to fix this, but you should really bring this over to the UCommerce forums, since it actually doesn't have anything to do with Umbraco, and they should fix it.

I've got a solution, but it'd be nice to provide it in their forums, or even via them.

• Rody 80 posts 280 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 16:12
    Rody

Thanks Lars-Erik,

I've posted this question on the uCommerce community forum, maybe you can answer it there?

http://eureka.ucommerce.net/#!/question/1659/uCommerce-on-Azure-WebApps-extremely-slow-on-first-request#top

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 30, 2015 @ 09:38
    Lars-Erik Aabech

Done. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft