Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff 74 posts 346 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 11:56
    Jeff

Caching problems

I am having a few issues with pages caching while in source control, the first issue is after changing the Template of a content node every now and again it will display a Page not found error which appears to be looking for the old template instead of the new one. This can sometimes be solved by refreshing the content node and doing a Save and publish again.

I am also having trouble viewing some pages which have been created by my colleagues and added to source control, when I view the content Properties I get the following message: Error message However after trying a Save and publish this can sometimes break the page.

Has anyone else had these problems and got a solution?

Thanks, Jeff

• David Sheiles 67 posts 337 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 12:19
    David Sheiles

Hi Jeff,

I find that sometimes you need to delete the /Appdata/temp/ folder as well as /Appdata/umbraco.config file and then re-start the website when files get changed through source control. When it restarts, it'll re-create all the Examine and page cache with the latest information.

Hope that helps

• Jeff 74 posts 346 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 13:52
    Jeff

Hi David,

That seems to have fixed the 2nd issue and we keep an eye on if it sorts the 1st (as this seems to happen little more randomly).

Thanks for you help with this!

Jeff

• David Sheiles 67 posts 337 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 22:11
    David Sheiles

No worries.

Haven't had the first issue before, but was hoping that it might help it as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft