Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zoki 27 posts 103 karma points
    Oct 30, 2015 @ 14:50
    Zoki

Access Denied for all images

Hello umbraco-fellas!

It seems there might be some problems with v7.3 which we didn't encounter before with any other version. We're using same hosting provider for older umbraco instances.

Long story short, for every single image a website displays we get Access Denied, which appears to be generated by lack of permissions for ImageProcessor, this is an stack trace of an error we get:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied]
       System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +1789
       System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() +6826110
       ImageProcessor.Web.PostProcessor.PostProcessor.RunProcess(String sourceFile, Int64 length) +325
       ImageProcessor.Web.PostProcessor.<PostProcessImageAsync>d__0.MoveNext() +447
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +93
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +52
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) +10520988
       ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.<ProcessImageAsync>d__11.MoveNext() +3752
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +93
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +52
       System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar) +60
       System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +9693201

We added in web config this lines which appeared to fix a problem, but not for long:

<!-- ImageProcessor.Web intercept module references -->
    <configuration>
      <system.web>
        <httpModules>
          <add name="ImageProcessorModule" type="ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule, ImageProcessor.Web"/>
        </httpModules>
      </system.web>
      <system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
        <modules>
          <add name="ImageProcessorModule" type="ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule, ImageProcessor.Web"/>
        </modules>
      </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Any idea?

• Luc 17 posts 37 karma points
    Jan 09, 2016 @ 12:49
    Luc

Were you able to resolve that issue? My hosting company swears they have fixed this for me but they have broken the whole site. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 09, 2016 @ 12:59
    Zoki

Luc, yes, what works is:

1. Install full image processor package: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/imageprocessor/

2. Go to /Config/imageprocessor/processing.config and in top of the document set postProcess="false"

This will prevent a need for running command prompt, with little real impact.

However, this approach worked for me on vanilla installation, if you already have your web.config messed up with various fixes (as I had), you'll want to clear it up before installing this package.

Jan 09, 2016 @ 13:09
    Luc

Thanks for the quick reply. By Vanilla you mean the web application zip? And I can't seem to find /Config/imageprocessor/processing.config

Jan 09, 2016 @ 13:23
    Zoki

Did you install package, after installing it that file should be there.

By vanilla I mean unchanged umbraco installation, because the more you try to fix this problem you'll probably mess up something else.

Jan 14, 2016 @ 18:05
    Luc

I'm using the downloadable zip file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft