Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 09:17
    Frans de Jong

Sort document tree

Hi all,

A few of our customers are complaining about the order of newsitems in Umbraco.

A temporary solution is to reverse the sort order on the front end but that really gets confusing when you want to change the order later on.

Another solution is to sort by date but that's no option because you can't change the sort order afterwards.

Another solution is to be able to reverse the sort order of the content tree. So if I save a content node it will be given the sort order 1 and the previous node with sort order 1 gets 2 and so on.

I'm afraid this could give some performance problems when there are a few hundred newsitems but that's not the case yet.

The ideal solution to me is to reverse the content tree in umbraco and in the front end. That would be a decent solution without to much impact on performance and with consistency on the frontend and Umbraco.

Is there a way to control how it sort the content tree under a node?

Thanks

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 11:23
    Frans de Jong

Would it be possible to have a "reverseChildren" checkbox on a document type and use that property to reverse the list in the umbraco.directives.js with a conditional to reverse the order?

That would be a quick and easy fix wouldn't it?

I can also use that property to reverse the sortorder on the frontend.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft