Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Israel Martinez 3 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 11:44
    Israel Martinez

Upgraded to 7.3.1 but keep asking me to upgrade it again

Hi there, I'm having this issue where I tried to upgrade to 7.3.1 and the installation was successfully (apparently) but umbraco keep asking me to upgrade it every time I enter to the backend.

My previous version was a 7.3 freshly installed just a few days ago.

I even tried to upgrade it again following the manual guide (the first try I was using nuget) but still getting the same result. Also if I click on the help? button in the dashboard this is what I get:

Umbraco version 7.3.0 assembly: 1.0.5750.18157

And umbracoConfigurationStatus in web config also have 7.3.0 on it.

Any ideas?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 11:49
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You can't use the manual guide, NuGet will just overwrite everything again when you build the solution.

Did you follow the instructions for NuGet to the letter? https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general

I really need to blog about how all this works. But please make sure you follow the upgrade steps (basically: Update-Package UmbracoCms, hit F5 to build and run the project, click through the upgrade installer which will guide you to the backoffice, check in the backoffice that your version is now 7.3.1 and check your web.config to make sure the version is also 7.3.1).

Nov 05, 2015 @ 12:00
    Israel Martinez

Hi Sebastiaan, thanks for the quick reply.

Yep that's exactly what I did first, upgrading with Update-Package UmbracoCms, run through the installer and then went to the backoffice without problems. But the version was still saying 7.3.0

This is my umbraco package from nuget right now.

enter image description here

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 12:29
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I think something is messed up in your project, which I can't really "debug" without looking at it.

Try: Update-Package –reinstall UmbracoCms that might help resetting everything to what it's supposed to be. Make sure to take a backup before you do that.

Nov 05, 2015 @ 12:51
    Israel Martinez

Nothing, still the same. This time didn't even took me through the installation screen.

I guess I'll just do a fresh install with the 7.3.1. Probably something is messed up in the project but is weird because was almost fresh. Anyway I'm not going to lose much as it was just in early stage of development.

Thanks for your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft