Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erick 19 posts 89 karma points
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 14:07
    Erick

Cant Save Media Images - Internal Server Error

I have deployed my local site onto a testing server a few weeks ago, it was working fine until today.

When I try to upload a new image into the media folder, it wont save the image and I get the error - "internal Server Error".

I've checked the logs in the UmbracoLog table in the database and it just says "Media 'MyImage.jpg' was created" along with the date stamp etc.

Could anyone offer a solution to fix this?

Thanks

PS I should mention that both sites (local & testing) are sharing the same db.

Nov 06, 2015 @ 09:20
    Erick

Any suggestions / advice?

Nov 06, 2015 @ 14:20
    Erick

Surely someone must know something?

Where else can I get support?

• Alan Every 13 posts 35 karma points
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 15:07
    Alan Every

Do you experience different behaviour between your local and testing server?

• Was is originally possible to successfully upload images to the media folder in both environments?
    • Does your local environment still work?
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 09:33
    Erick

Hi Alan,

The only difference I've experienced between local and testing is the ability to upload images.

Yes originally I was able to upload images into both environments.

Am able to upload media images into my local environment but one occurring issue is, if I add any new images to the media folder then publish them, the next day those images appear broken and sometimes wont render when visiting the site. When I try to pick a media image from the media picker, the existing images also appear blank, I then have to re-save each image for it to appear again.

enter image description here

For all media images am using a custom cropper.

Thanks

Nov 10, 2015 @ 10:05
    Erick

I think I've narrowed down whats causing the error.

I deleted any images which were appearing in testing but had actually been uploaded via local, this is what was causing the images to appear blank on my local version as mentioned in the previous post.

I then republished all the images on both test and local. The Local version now seems to be working fine.

Am still unable to upload any new images on my testing site, looking at the log errors through the console browser I can see

There are a number of 404 errors which are pointing to images which are on my local site.

There is also a single 505 error and think it's this 505 which is causing the issue, am actually unsure what this is

It says

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)"

then points to

http://mytestsite/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/PostAddFile?origin=blueimp

Could really do with some help on this please.

Thanks

Nov 12, 2015 @ 10:07
    Erick

Am still having trouble with this if anyone could offer some assistance.

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2015 @ 16:57
    Erick

Bump

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft