Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bluefireray 7 posts 77 karma points
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 10:55
    bluefireray

Need help! How to create a load balancing environment on Azure?

Need help!Need help!

I want to create a load balancing environment on Azure, but I don't know how to create! I have read this doc https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/load-balancing/flexible, but I didn't get it.

So, who can give me some advices?

• James Strugnell 84 posts 192 karma points
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 21:53
    James Strugnell

Hi, what exactly don't you get? Please explain where you have got to in the process and what issues you currently have. Life is easier if you are running 7.3+ so please confirm if that is the case?

Nov 08, 2015 @ 06:03
    bluefireray

I am so sorry I didn't say clearly! I want to create a load balancing environment on Azure, I tried to create it, but it seems not correct, maybe some configure was wrong. I just want to get the details step. Thanks!

Nov 08, 2015 @ 06:04
    bluefireray

I used Umbraco's version is 7.3.1.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Nov 08, 2015 @ 06:50
    Nicholas Westby

You'll have to be a lot more specific if you want a useful answer. For example, you didn't mention if you are doing Azure websites, Azure cloud instances, or Azure VM's.

You may also want to consider Umbraco as a Service (UaaS), which is hosted on Azure, but you don't have to do much work (disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself yet): http://umbraco.com/cloud

Nov 08, 2015 @ 07:04
    bluefireray

Thanks, Nicholas! I want to do it by myself. But somethings blocked me, so I come here to find help. Thanks again.

Nov 08, 2015 @ 07:31
    Nicholas Westby

What exactly blocked you?

Nov 08, 2015 @ 08:13
    bluefireray

According this doc https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/load-balancing/flexible. I should be able to create load balancing enviroment on Azure. I created two web apps and an Azure Sql Database on Azure. One web app is the master environment, the other is front-end environment. On the master environment website, I uploaded a pic, but I can't see it on the front-end environment website. I think the pic which I uploaded should be sync on master and front-end environment. That's right?

Nov 08, 2015 @ 18:40
    Nicholas Westby

You may want to try this: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/umbracofilesystemprovidersazure/

Basically, rather than store media in your Azure website, that will store media in Azure blob storage.

Nov 10, 2015 @ 06:24
    bluefireray

Thanks, Nicholas! I know the Azure blob Storage. If I use it, the issue will be solved. But according the doc, it doesn't mention the Azure Blob Storage and I have the other question, what is the Examine? I don't get it.

Nov 11, 2015 @ 06:47
    Nicholas Westby

Examine is an indexing/searching tool built into Umbraco. It's used for a number of search-related things. For one, it powers the search box you see when you log into Umbraco. Also, if you build a search on your site, you can use Examine to do the indexing and searching. A somewhat less obvious use of Examine is that it powers the media API (e.g., so Umbraco can do fast lookups when you request information about images/files in the media section).

Examine is built based on another technology, Lucene, which is an indexing/searching technology used in a lot of places other than Umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft