Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 07:08
    Nelson

Hover text over images

Hello everyone! I'm new with Umbraco and I'm trying to create my first website. I'm using the template to better understand and to start creating the website, but im having some difficulties with it. I want to input images in the content with an hover effect to make text appear and also to be linked to another page. I've found some tutorials in the web but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to link all of this with Umbraco.

Would any of you please give me a hint about how to do this or helping me finding some sort of tutorial for that?

Thank you very much :)

• Nathan Sleigh 109 posts 353 karma points
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 09:19
    Nathan Sleigh

Hi,

A good place to start is http://umbraco.tv/, a lot of the videos you do have to have a membership for but some videos you can watch for free. There is a lot of useful stuff on there, or you can keep digging on the forum, there is bound to be a lot of questions similar to yours.

Nathan

Nov 09, 2015 @ 09:47
    Nelson

Thank you for your answer! I've took a look into some of the videos and read some of the documentation. I've been using the starter kit to get familiar with, and I'm using the layouts now. But now it occurred me: can I do the mentioned feature using grid layout? I mean using the grid layout and still have the hover and link features?

Thanks!

Nov 09, 2015 @ 10:39
    Nathan Sleigh

Yeah its completely possible, all you would have to do is set up a Grid Editor in the Developer section, then create a partial and cutomise that with your html to make it work.

Nathan

Nov 10, 2015 @ 06:56
    Nelson

Thank you! Is there any example with code you could suggest me? I'm areal newbie in website development, so I do understand what to do, but don't know how to do it, it would really help to have some examples!

Thank you very much!

Nov 10, 2015 @ 09:21
    Nathan Sleigh

Yeah, so you will have to download LeBlender, a link to it is:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/leblender/

Once you have done this you can create a custom grid editor using the LeBlender Editor. Set this editor up with the properties you want, for example a Name and a Job Title. Then in the render box put a link to the partial you want to use. The screen shot below is how you would render it out.

enter image description here

Nathan

Nov 12, 2015 @ 07:13
    Nelson

Ok! Already got some positive results!

Thank you very much!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft