Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• levelusion 13 posts 93 karma points
    Nov 15, 2015 @ 15:59
    levelusion

Umbraco login

Hey

Is there an option for login in umbraco without going to the link localhost:80/mysite/umbraco ???

i mean a space on the homescreen where i can login/logout and where i can see what for user is logged in

thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 16, 2015 @ 13:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi levelusion and welcome to our.

So you are talking about, to make a login on your users can login to a protected area.

If so then try to see this videos about how to works with member types and members and setup role based projection http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/members/what-is-a-member/

Another good guide to this is http://bit.ly/1g79eXP as you can see we have some pre-defined code snippets for a login form, and the code for see which member that has signed in.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 18, 2015 @ 15:51
    levelusion

Hey

i have found partial view macro files i have create a loginstatus partialview. and have create a normal macro with a link to the partialview.

when i load the macro in a new article. my article is empty ????

How can i fix this ?

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 16:05
    Steve Morgan

Levelusion

Can you post the code from your article template.

If you leave out the line calling the macro does it work?

Nov 18, 2015 @ 16:49
    levelusion

this is the code. I have create in the tab developer --> a partial view macro loginstatus. --> after that i changed a setting in macros --> Use in rich text editor and the grid set as --> true.

then Content --> add a new text page --> insert a macro and i selected the macro from my partialview after publishing the page i have a empty page

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 16:59
    Steve Morgan

In your template for your article are you outputting the content field where you have a rich text editor?

Why do you want the login status in the RTE - unless you want the user to be able to choose which pages to put it on it's normally better putting it in the template. Even then I'd usually just add a simple checkbox "ShowLoginStatus".

Nov 18, 2015 @ 17:54
    levelusion

oh thanks i have founded. the partialview needs to start with umb.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft