Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 6 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 16, 2015 @ 03:44
    Chris

Umbraco v7 Rich Text Editor

I'm having trouble with the RTE. When I add styles to tags, everything works beautifully. I would like to add classes to a tag, 'h1.red' so that I can have specific styles for certain tags. Nothing happens when I add these styles. The RTE doesn't add the h1 tag into the markup at all. The same is true for simple classes, such as '.red', or IDs, such as '#logo'. I would really appreciate someone pointing me to an article or doc that will clear this up.

Thanks!! Chris

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2015 @ 05:44
    Nicholas Westby

Which version of Umbraco are you using?

This covers the general procedure: http://shermandigital.com/blog/add-formats-to-umbraco-richtext-editor/

Here's another: https://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/stylesheets-and-javascript/setting-up-rte-styles/documentation/

Supposedly, Umbraco 7.2.2 and onward support combining elements and classes in rich text formats (previously, you had to choose one or the other): http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1736

Nov 16, 2015 @ 14:00
    Chris

I'm using 7.3.1. I have followed the steps in the shermandigital.com article, and everything works for tags. However, classes don't work at all. I'll visit the other links and post later today if I make any progress... or not.

Thanks for the help, Nicholas.

• Søren Corneliussen 7 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 02:48
    Søren Corneliussen

I'm having exact same problem with Umbraco 7.3.1 with the default fanoe example/skin.

I have no problem with adding a style to the dropdown in the Rich Text Editor, but nothing happens when I try to assign the style to some text in a rich text editor (on the landing page).

Also: are the style dropdown supposed to preview the style?

I have searched for a solution to the topic - but not found a solution.

Best regards Søren

• Merritt Melker 6 posts 76 karma points
    Dec 24, 2015 @ 16:18
    Merritt Melker

The issue is their rte.css file. Try manually modifying it in the backoffice per format option and you sould see the styles applied properly. I am not 100% sure, but when I started changing the styles I ended up with stuff like this:

h3 {
    font-size: 1.2rem;
    }

/**umb_name:Header 
    h3{}

Nov 18, 2015 @ 14:35
    Chris

Soren described my problem better than I did. :-) I still haven't had a chance to dig into the code to see if I can figure it out, but that's exactly my issue. I hope someone can help us out.

• Merritt Melker 6 posts 76 karma points
    Dec 23, 2015 @ 06:21
    Merritt Melker

Same exact problem I am experiencing with 7.3.4

I see this in the console:

'webkitMovementX' is deprecated. Please use 'movementX' 

instead.tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.3.4.25342825:2

'webkitMovementY' is deprecated. Please use 'movementY' instead.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft