Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Nov 16, 2015 @ 10:52
    Jason Espin

Model values failing to be clear

Hi all,

I am creating a multi-stage booking process in Umbraco. As part of this I have a value in my model called stage. Depending on this value, my view will output a different set of fields in my form.

Towards the end of the process, I have a form that collects credit card details. These details are sent to a payment provider immediately and then destroyed. At least this is what I want to happen but the model fails to clear correctly.

enter image description here

In my controller i do the following:

if(bookingSuccess){
         // Move to the next stage of the booking process
    }else{
       TempData["notification"] = "There was an error processing your booking. You have not been charged.";
                            model.Stage = 2;
                            model.Passenger_Details.cc_Number = string.Empty;
    }

return View(model);

As you can see, if there is an error making the booking with the third party provider, I set the model stage back to where the card details were captured (stage 2) and then I attempt the reset the value stored in the model for the credit card number so that we force the user to re-enter these details. The CCV number is find because this is set as a password field and is does not get remembered anyway.

My problem is, this does not work. If the booking fails, it successfully returns me to stage 2 of the booking process but the card details are still populated.

What is the best way to remove these details and force the user to re-enter them?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft