Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Withnell 128 posts 613 karma points
    Nov 17, 2015 @ 17:19
    Roger Withnell

Save and Publish hangs but does publish

I have a page called Blog. Its children have properties for the blog like a Title, Headline and Content.

When I added the first child, Save and Publish completes successfully, confirming "Content published". When I added the second child, however, Save and Publish hung, "Content published" is not displayed but the content was published. Now, when I tried to "Save and Publish" the first child, I had the same problem as with the second child.

I tried publishing the Blog and its children from Blog > Do something else > Publish and select all sub-folders and children and this hung also.

Changing the name of the page from "Blog" to something else like "My Blog", anything but "Blog", fixed the problem!

What am I doing wrong? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Roger

• Sebastian Dammark 583 posts 1407 karma points
    Jan 21, 2016 @ 14:00
    Sebastian Dammark

I have the exact same problem. I'm running Umbraco version 7.2.6 on Azure.

When I look in my console I get a 400 Bad Request error. I get the error on all pages. enter image description here

• Roger Withnell 128 posts 613 karma points
    Jan 21, 2016 @ 22:48
    Roger Withnell

Hello, Sebastian.

I have no further information, I'm afraid. Using the name "Blog" for the parent page caused the problem; changing the name of the parent page to something else fixed it.

Weird?

Good luck.

Roger

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft