Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AJS 31 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 17, 2015 @ 22:29
    AJS

Restrict public access for full site

Hi,

My client asked me to password protect their whole site until it is fully developed.

Is there a way to password protect or hide the site behind a login form and only allow certain members (or member groups) to see the full site?

I've created the member group "Admins," created new members and assigned them to the member group "Admins;" however, I don't know how to password protect the whole site from the public except for Admins.

Thank you.

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Nov 17, 2015 @ 23:32
    James

Hello,

It depends on the structure of the site. You can restrict the "public access" on the home node and that will stop all in-authenticated users from getting to the site.

Of course you will have to create a login form as well. I think there is a snippet when you right click partials and click create you can use a template snippet for the login.

Once you have created that place the partial on a login page that isn't restricted .

Then finally on your home node make sure the login redirect and error nodes are set to your login page. That way when the un-authenticated users hit your site they will be redirected to login. Once they have logged in they can browse as normal :).

Hope that makes some sense :)

• AJS 31 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 14:30
    AJS

Hi James,

Thanks so much for your reply. Your steps worked perfectly, and I was able to set up a login page on the homepage. The only problem I'm running into is authentication. It seems that the username and password are not working that I set up for the member. Sorry to bother you again, but any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Amanda

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft