Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 13:11
    Saied

Installed Packages is missing everytime I deploy?

I have umbraco installed via visual studio. When I run it locally, I can see the installed packages folder under the developer section with courier and archetype, but when I build and deploy to a stage server, the installed packages folder is not listed. Courier and Archetype are still available, although when I go to the courier section, it says it can't find a dashboard.ascx file. I basically have to reinstall the packages for the "installed packages" folder to come back up. What would cause this? Could it be a file that I am not including in my deploy or could it be a file that is not included?

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 16:55
    Mark Bowser

The "Installed packages" area of the tree is generated based off of the App_Data\packages\installed\installedPackages.config file. Whenever you install a package through the backoffice, it writes some xml to that file as a record. As far as I know, it isn't crucial to the site, but it is nice to have. You need to make sure to get that file into source control and to deploy it. Yours is probably being wiped on each deploy.

How are you doing your deployments? Depending on how it is done, you might need to open the solution explorer, right click, and include the App_Data\packages\installed\installedPackages.config file in your project. If you are using MSBuild to deploy / publishing through Visual Studio, there are settings that describe what files should be deployed on Publish. You can find these settings if you right click on your project in the Solution Explorer and go to Properties. The two tabs you are looking for are:

• Package/Publish Web
    • Package/Publish SQL

But I don't know if you need to go that far if everything else is working out for you. I think your best bet is to just include the App_Data\packages\installed\installedPackages.config in your project.

Let me know if any of that helps.

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 18:11
    Saied

Hi Mark,

I did notice that it didn't really matter if the file was there or not. I am including it now. Strange thing is I never had to include that before, it was like it was generated automatically from the database. The one thing different however is that I used to share the same database between local and stage and now they are separate. I also notice that although I have courier, it keeps telling me that that it can't load dashboard.ascx, so I have to keep installing it. I did include the whole courier folder under /umbraco

• Safak Ulusoy 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 21, 2016 @ 12:38
    Safak Ulusoy

I write for people that had similar problems.

I ended up including .dll files related to the plugins into the project; then publish. Or you can just copy .dll filest to deployed folder once.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft