Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Egebrand Gram 63 posts 138 karma points
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 09:25
    Thomas Egebrand Gram

Backend performance issues Umbraco 7.2.x (solved)

Hey there awesome community!

In the past couple of months I have been experiencing some performance issues while editing in the Umbraco backend.

The issues have been across multiple Umbraco versions, all within 7.2.x, and occurs when either editing nodes or viewing document types. (basically anything that has to do with the db in the backend)

What's common for the installations is that they're all on an Azure VM (D-Series, 2 cores 7GB Memory). It occurs across multiple VMS, as i have tested with other ones too. The VMS all have the same setup; IIS 8.5 and SQL Server 2014, installed on the same VM. According to the logs, there doesn't seem to be any resource problem.

I've looked into SQL Profiler, to see if the queries was the problem, but no issues there either. Although the backend isn't always slow, it occurs at random times a day. (perhaps when multiple connections are made to the db?) Spent a lot of time on this.

I have considered putting the SQL Server on it's own VM, but haven't gotten around to it just yet. Could that really be the problem on its own?

I'm looking for suggestions on what to look for here, as I'm not the biggest server-guy (yet), I need to solve this. :-)

Bonus info: Accessing the backend doesn't throw any errors in console, and there isn't any useful data in the umbracoLog either.

Thank you very much for reading. // Thomas

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 09:55
    David Peck

We ran in to similar issues, but it seemed to be connected with the actual browser. Clearing your cache resolved it. Go figure?!?

• Thomas Egebrand Gram 63 posts 138 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 14:19
    Thomas Egebrand Gram

Hello David,

Unfortunately our case wasn't as simple - and I already did that. :-)

The performance problem originated from the code itself, non-umbraco related.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft