Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Pedersen 6 posts 36 karma points
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 10:27
    Tommy Pedersen

ClientDependency and Updating Grid Editor styles etc.

So i have recently been working on alot of nifty stuff with the Umbraco Grid from Version 7.2 until 7.3.1, but one of the issues im currently facing is updating Javascript and CSS on grid editors in the backoffice, since hence the grid editors get styled both in frontend and backend. Atm. everything works fine but, for editing styles of the grid editors in the backoffice i have to Manually Update the version number in the ClientDependency.config, so when working with a new site, and i have to restyle all the editors to fit this sites frontend design in the backoffice, i kinda have to update the version number everytime i want to see if the current styles look the way i want.

So then i thought if i will add a task to my Gulp tasks to update the ClientDependency version number, but before doing that, i will just ask here if anyone knows a better way to handle this, or if this isn't a good idea.

If this seems okay todo, i just wanted to know what Exactly happens when you update the ClientDependency version number, currently was thinking of the "App_Data/cache" folder, does it store things in there, and if so does it just add new cache folders to the folder or does it clear the folder everytime?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft