Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Masterton 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 24, 2015 @ 12:58
    Simon Masterton

Upgrade from 6.1.3 to 7.3.1 does not complete - umbracoServer table is missing

Hi,

I've had a very frustrating experience trying to upgrade from 6.1.3 to 7.3.1.

I used NuGet to upgrade Umbraco in my application. I had to first upgrade all of my solution projects .Net 4.0 to 4.6, then deal with all of the side effects, such as mismatched package versions but eventually got to a point where the application would at least compile and run.

The site loads up and asks for my password to login, which works, then the database upgrade kicks off.

This is where it fails....

In the error logs i see the following:

2015-11-24 12:36:59,304 [P12960/D2/T10] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner - Executing sql statement 407: ALTER TABLE [cmsDictionary] ADD CONSTRAINT [FKcmsDictionarycmsDictionary_id] FOREIGN KEY ([parent]) REFERENCES [cmsDictionary] ([id])

2015-11-24 12:36:59,305 [P12960/D2/T10] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner - Executing sql statement 408: DROP TABLE [umbracoUserLogins]

2015-11-24 12:36:59,306 [P12960/D2/T10] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner - Executing sql statement 409: ALTER TABLE [umbracoServer] ADD [isMaster] BIT NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DFumbracoServerisMaster] DEFAULT ('0')

2015-11-24 12:36:59,310 [P12960/D2/T10] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() in c:\Code\github\SamSaffron\MiniProfiler\StackExchange.Profiling\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 279 at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>cDisplayClass1.0() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Execute(String sql, Object[] args) 2015-11-24 12:37:02,323 [P12960/D2/T10] ERROR Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - Database configuration failed System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot find the object "umbracoServer" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() in c:\Code\github\SamSaffron\MiniProfiler\StackExchange.Profiling\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 279 at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>cDisplayClass1.0() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Execute(String sql, Object[] args) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner.ExecuteMigrations(IMigrationContext context, Database database) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner.Execute(Database database, DatabaseProviders databaseProvider, Boolean isUpgrade) at Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext.UpgradeSchemaAndData(IMigrationEntryService migrationEntryService) ClientConnectionId:04c6ce5d-cedc-4016-9a39-bfd915212036 Error Number:4902,State:1,Class:16 2015-11-24 12:37:02,342 [P12960/D2/T10] INFO Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - The database schema validation produced the following summary: The following tables were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: UCUserSettings,cmsMacroPropertyType,umbracoUserLogins,umbracoServer,umbracoAccess,umbracoAccessRule,umbracoCacheInstruction,umbracoExternalLogin,umbracoMigration The following columns were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: cmsTemplate,master,cmsContentVersion,LanguageLocale,cmsDocument,alias,UCUserSettings,User,UCUserSettings,Key,UCUserSettings,Value,cmsDataType,controlId,cmsMacroPropertyType,id,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeAlias,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeRenderAssembly,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeRenderType,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeBaseType,cmsMacroProperty,macroPropertyHidden,cmsMacroProperty,macroPropertyType,cmsPropertyType,helpText,umbracoUserLogins,contextID,umbracoUserLogins,userID,umbracoUserLogins,timeout,umbracoUser,userDefaultPermissions,umbracoUser,defaultToLiveEditing,cmsDataType,propertyEditorAlias,cmsMacroProperty,editorAlias,cmsPropertyType,UniqueID,cmsTagRelationship,propertyTypeId,umbracoUser,securityStampToken,umbracoUser,failedLoginAttempts,umbracoUser,lastLockoutDate,umbracoUser,lastPasswordChangeDate,umbracoUser,lastLoginDate,umbracoServer,id,umbracoServer,address,umbracoServer,computerName,umbracoServer,registeredDate,umbracoServer,lastNotifiedDate,umbracoServer,isActive,umbracoServer,isMaster,umbracoAccess,id,umbracoAccess,nodeId,umbracoAccess,loginNodeId,umbracoAccess,noAccessNodeId,umbracoAccess,createDate,umbracoAccess,updateDate,umbracoAccessRule,id,umbracoAccessRule,accessId,umbracoAccessRule,ruleValue,umbracoAccessRule,ruleType,umbracoAccessRule,createDate,umbracoAccessRule,updateDate,umbracoCacheInstruction,id,umbracoCacheInstruction,utcStamp,umbracoCacheInstruction,jsonInstruction,umbracoCacheInstruction,originated,umbracoExternalLogin,id,umbracoExternalLogin,userId,umbracoExternalLogin,loginProvider,umbracoExternalLogin,providerKey,umbracoExternalLogin,createDate,umbracoMigration,id,umbracoMigration,name,umbracoMigration,createDate,umbracoMigration,version The following constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Indexes) were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: FKcmsMacroPropertycmsMacroPropertyTypeid,FKcmsTagRelationshipumbracoNodeid,FKcmsTemplatecmsTemplate,FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsDictionarycmsDictionaryid,FKcmsLanguageTextumbracoLanguageid,FKcmsTagscmsTags,FKcmsTagRelationshipcmsContent,FKcmsTagRelationshipcmsPropertyType,FKumbracoAccessumbracoNodeid,FKumbracoAccessumbracoNodeid1,FKumbracoAccessumbracoNodeid2,FKumbracoAccessRuleumbracoAccessid,PKcmsMacroPropertyType,PKcmsPreviewXml,PKUCUserSettings,PKcmsContentPreviewXml,PKumbracoServer,PKumbracoAccess,PKumbracoAccessRule,PKumbracoCacheInstruction,PKumbracoExternalLogin,PKumbracoMigration,IXumbracoNodeTrashed,IXumbracoNodeParentId,IXumbracoNodeUniqueID,IXumbracoNodeObjectType,IXcmsContentType,IXcmsContentTypeicon,IXcmsTemplatenodeId,IXcmsContent,IXcmsContentVersionContentId,IXcmsContentVersionVersionId,IXcmsDocument,IXcmsDocumentpublished,IXcmsDocumentnewest,IXcmsDataTypenodeId,IXcmsDictionaryid,IXumbracoLanguagelanguageISOCode,IXumbracoLog,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsPropertyTypeUniqueID,IXcmsPropertyData,IXcmsPropertyData1,IXcmsPropertyData2,IXcmsPropertyData3,IXcmsTags,IXumbracoUseruserLogin,IXcmsTaskTypealias,IXcomputerName,IXumbracoServerisActive,IXumbracoAccessnodeId,IXumbracoAccessRule,IXumbracoMigration The following indexes were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: umbracoUserLoginsIndex,IXumbracoNodeTrashed,IXumbracoNodeUniqueID,IXcmsContentVersionContentId,IXcmsDocumentpublished,IXcmsDocumentnewest,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsPropertyTypeUniqueID,IXcmsTags,IXcomputerName,IXumbracoServerisActive,IXumbracoAccessnodeId,IXumbracoAccessRule,IX_umbracoMigration

2015-11-24 12:37:02,349 [P12960/D2/T10] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - Installation step DatabaseUpgrade failed.

So, looking at the umbraco database I am trying to update, it seems that the umbracoServer table is either:

• missing and expected by the upgrade or,
    • has not been created by the upgrade.

Either way, I have no idea where to go. I thought maybe that it could be that I need to upgrade to an earlier version first, then to the latest 7.3.1 but when i tried that with version 7.0.0, NuGet simply refused to work with that version.

Edit:

We do have Courier installed and I'm wondering if this is a contributory factor...

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Simon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft