Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Nov 25, 2015 @ 10:41
    Bijesh Tank

Umbraco upgrade and new membership features

Hi,

I've managed to do an upgrade from 6.1.6 to 7.1.3 and seems to have gone quite well. The upgraded site had a bunch of members already as part of it.

After the upgrade I noticed that were some new members properties added by default and I was wondering if it was possible to disable these? To be more exact, is it possible to disable the "Is locked out" feature?

Reason being is that we don't want to forcibly lock out any users from the site, and create any additional tasks for the client.

Thanks, Bijesh

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 25, 2015 @ 12:39
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Bijesh,

I don't think you can disable them. But you can set a ridiculous high number of allowed attempts before you get locked out. This can be set in the web.config => MembershipProvider.

If you add the attribute "maxInvalidPasswordAttempts" you can set it to 10000 or something like that. The default is 5 I think (https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/d50e49ad37fd5ca7bad2fd6e8fc994f3408ae70c/src/Umbraco.Core/Security/MembershipProviderBase.cs).

Jeffrey

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Nov 25, 2015 @ 12:47
    Bijesh Tank

Thanks for the pointer, I'll take a look at this. Might be a good work around for now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft